WeedPalace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Runescape Private Server [525]

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The concerts were a considerable

Go down 
AuthorMessage
vipluis

The concerts were a considerable Empty
PostSubject: The concerts were a considerable   The concerts were a considerable EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 6:25 pm

The concerts were a considerable financial outlay for Bache, who did not have a regular salary until 1881 and had to sustain himself through teaching. By 1873, he wrote, he had to "decide whether I shall sacrifice myself entirely to the production of Liszt's orchestral and choral works (which after all can never be immortal as Bach, Beethoven and Wagner: here I feel that Bülow is right). Or shall I make my own improvement the object of my life, and not spend a third of my income in one evening."[39] Bülow became concerned enough about the situation to waive his fee after one concert he conducted, and to contribute £50 out of his own pocket.[31] Liszt was also concerned, writing, "For years [Bache] has sacrificed money for the performance of my works in London. Several times I advised him against it, but he answered imperturbably, 'That is my business.'"[40] Whenever Bache was asked about finances for the concerts, he would tell whoever was asking that the cost was "a just recompense" and add that even if Liszt had charged him for his lessons at the same rate as the average village piano teacher, he would still be deeply in his debt.[41]best car insurance
jailbreak apple ios
Back to top Go down

The concerts were a considerable
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
WeedPalace :: Players :: Ban/Mute Appeal-
Jump to: